NOC Engineer II
SUMMARY:The NOC Engineer II will provide primarily second level and first level technical support and services including operational leadership of all IT Service Management technological equipment and software including but not limited to: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. Responsible for overseeing the Network Operation Center (NOC) support, service operations, quality control, maximized performance resolution, hardware and software installation and maintain within Service Level Agreements to ensure services and support are being met and delivered in a consistent manner to clients. Leverages working knowledge, quality assurance processes and technology to provide mentoring and knowledge transfers to other team members and serve as a point of escalation to departmental/Client issues. The NOC Engineer II is also responsible for setting up and configuring through the On-boarding process new clients, perform Problem Management process to assist with the reduction of recurring issues, proactive monitoring, Backups and Patch Management configuration, testing and restores, hardware and software trending, scheduling follow-ups, reporting, registering of incidents/requests communicated by the clients, and designing, implementing and testing complex infrastructure from a support services perspective.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for resolving and supporting within the NOC via remote control solutions, E-mail, and on-site support of medium/high complexity incidents (pertaining to but not limited to: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security) as well as service requests, perform escalations, generate daily tickets for the Services and Support being provided, as well as phone support as needed. (Time: 6Hrs Frequency: 5x week)
- Support disaster recovery solutions and Executes Severity/Crisis Management process with communication to IT, ITSM department, and other departments including management, vendors and clients during a planned or unplanned outage. (Time: 1Hrs Frequency: 2x week_)
- Informs management and key client personnel of operational and procedural deficiencies when encountered during shifts or from Problem Management issues. (Time: 1Hrs Frequency: 2x week)
- Performs remote access solution implementation and support (VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix), remote monitoring and management of system alerts/notifications, proactive services and support by investigating, tracking, monitoring and document all departments/sites for nonfunctioning devices, perform repairs and routine maintenance of hardware and software, scheduling and documenting all support activities, completion of ticket registering daily which includes the following but not limited to escalations, resolutions and departmental/customer follow ups. (Time: 6Hrs Frequency: 5x week)
- Provides support on escalated customer communications, provides support on internal escalated issues from other support levels and ensure a rapid decision response, perform investigative analysis while providing accurate, thorough answers in a timely manner to customer inquiries. (Time: 1Hrs Frequency: 5x week)
- Perform Patch Management/Anti-Virus Alert setup and configuration on Servers and Workstations, Backup alert setup and configuration and restores, queue management to achieve service level agreements in a timely manner and provide Quality Assurance standards for work performed, and where applicable train staff/client members. (Time: 5Hrs Frequency: 1x monthly)
- Responsible for performing the On-Boarding process and Re-Audits of new or current clients. Setting up and configuring Alerts, Remote Monitoring Tools, and knowledge transfers for the NOC to commence client Services and Support. Generate risk analysis gap reports and provide maturity recommendations to VCAs for Strategic Planning sessions.
- Interface with customer’s executives, technical representatives, partners, and all levels of employees, other Technology Services department/personnel to ensure that operational procedures, accurate escalation processes, timely document registration within the Professional Service Automation (PSA) tool and status updates are performed and streamline workflow is maintained to ensure customer satisfaction. (Time: 5Hrs Frequency: 1x week)
- Works with clients/vendors to resolve technical problems in the most effective and expeditious manner, collaborate to implement practices to improve operations. (Time: 2Hrs Frequency: 1x week)
- Collaborates with management in the implementation of programs incorporating changes to methods, systems and procedures. (Time: 2Hrs Frequency: 1x week)
- Participate in discovery sessions with prospects and customers to gather and understand their technical and functional requirements. (Time: 1Hr Frequency: 1x week)
- Support in special projects. (Time: 1Hrs Frequency: 5x week)
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Maintain satisfactory consistent resolution of customer service level agreements
- Ability to be a team player when working in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed/escalated to the proper resource in a consistent manner
- Responsible for entering all work as service tickets, time and expenses in the Professional Service Automation (PSA) tool
- Understand processes in the Professional Service Automation (PSA) tool by completing assigned training materials
- BS Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/related major or at least ten years of equivalent hands on work experience in a technical support role with customer service skills in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Troubleshooting skills with 8+ years of experience in a Windows-based environment(s) and 6+ years of experience with Macs.
- 12+ years of working knowledge and diagnosis skills of Hardware/Software such as: Laptops and Desktops Computer Networking, Network Printers, Scanners, Ethernet, LAN/WAN, AD, DNS, Microsoft Office Applications, Citrix, Internet Protocols, Wireless Networking Protocols, Ticketing Systems, and VoIP Phone system.
- Certifications in A+, Network+, Microsoft MCDST/MCSE, APPLE ACMT, HDI-DST, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP a plus
- Engage with customers onsite via our OIT Managed Services offerings, Special Response Team, On-Boarding, Projects and be available for on call support when scheduled
- Customer service focused role in a MSP or corporate environment strongly preferred, team building capabilities, and ability to provide Technical training in a classroom setting.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems, with ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete assignments within an estimate time frame. Action-orientated, self-motivated with ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly with Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills (written and verbal), active listening, customer-care/service and superior documentation skills is a must, especially within the Ticketing system, knowledge base articles and creation of standard operation procedure documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10/8/7 –XP, Windows Server 2003/2012, Microsoft: Office 2016/2013, Office 365, Visio, Projects, Outlook, Citrix, Exchange, Enterprise Anti-virus applications, Backup solutions, Monitoring tools and other business applications including Mac OS
- Working knowledge of Network architecture (TCP/IP, Ethernet, AD, DNS, Wireless –Wi-Fi) Hardware repair and Imaging process (SMS, Ghost) for PCs, Laptops, and Thin Clients, including troubleshooting of network devices like switches, routers, gateways, wireless access points, firewalls as well as, network printers/MFPs/scanners and other peripherals
- Ability to work with wireless mobile devices (Apple IOS and Android) and Audio/Video conferencing equipment
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices pertaining to Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Event Management. In addition, Asset Management and Service Level Management.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Some lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling equipment is involved when handling service calls outside the department
- Although this position is based out of the main office, traveling may be required.
- This position is a rotational role where the candidate may be either doing phone support at headquarters or be dispatched onsite at our Managed Services customers in South Florida.
- This position is rotational:
- 1stShift: 7AM – 4PM
- 2ndShift: 10AM – 7PM
- 3rdShift: 1PM to 10PM
- 4thShift 10PM – 7AM